Doctors Were About To Pull Toddler Off Life Support When Family Prays, God Answers Them

Pasted image at 2016_11_15 08_43 AM

During the last week of October, while the entire world was focused on the 2016 presidential election, one miraculous story was overlooked – until now. A toddler had been battling lung cancer and as the doctors went to switch him off life support, the little boy “rose from the dead” and made a miraculous full recovery.

The doctors, who were eager to unplug the boy from the expensive life support machine,have since admitted the shocking turn of events was the last thing they’d ever thought they’d see.

But 3-year-old Dylan Askin and his parents are overjoyed that he boy has survived lung cancer and will be home for the holidays.

When Dylan’s organs failed, his parents said their final goodbyes to the unconscious child. This all came just one month after he was diagnosed with Pulmonary Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis, a rare type of lung cancer which makes cysts appear on the lungs – and can be very deadly.

Doctors, nurses, and even Dylan’s parents thought the toddler was brain dead. Under that assumption, the doctors started to switch him off life support.

But after that very instant, Dylan’s parents saw the toddler wriggling in the bed, proving he still had brain function.

They stopped the doctors and eventually Dylan woke up. Now he is fully recovered and enjoying more-or-less normal life back at home, with the exception that his parents can’t stop looking at him as the miracle that he is.

His parents, Kerry, 29, and Mike, 36, and brothers Bryce, six, and Logan, four months, are overjoyed to have Dylan back in good health. They live in  Shelton Lock, South Derbys, United Kingdom.

Kerry, who operates an art business, said:

“He was clearly suffering and his oxygen levels had plummeted when the consultant asked us to make the decision to switch off his life support machine on Good Friday.

“It seemed like a miracle he had survived that long, his CT scans from January when his lungs first collapsed showed he shouldn’t have lived through that.

“Mike and I were just thinking of his brothers, thinking whether we were being selfish hanging on to him when he must be suffering so much.

“He’s so close to his brothers it was such a hard decision, but the doctors said his organs were failing and there was nothing they could do.

“His temperature was fluctuating through the night and his heart rate was at 200, we were just waiting for him to enter cardiac arrest – as awful as that sounds.

“So we baptized him and said out final goodbyes and at 8am on the Saturday they turned his muscle sedatives off in preparation for the ventilator to be switched off.

“But when they did that suddenly he started struggling in his bed. We thought he was brain dead from oxygen starvation, so he shouldn’t have been moving.

“Then the consultant rushed in and said his blood tests showed his organs weren’t failing.

“We were trying not to be hopeful, but we just sat by him and hoped and over the weekend he got stronger and stronger.

“We had told Bryce that Dylan wasn’t coming back, so when we explained that he had got better Dylan said: ‘Oh, so he’s like Jesus then.’

“I said, ‘you’re not wrong’. He had just risen from the dead.”

Kerry said: “It really is a miracle that he survived with no real lasting damage.”

What do you think of this boy’s miracle story?